River descent with one-seater kayaks.
Where can I do river kayaking?
- Peloponnese – Lousios & Alfios River (grade 2-3)
- Evritania – Acheloos River (grade 1), Tavropos River (grade 2), Trikeriotis River (grade 3)
- Meteora – Aspropotamos (grade 3), Aliakmonas (various difficulty levels from 1-5)
- Grevena – Venetikos river (various difficulty levels from 1-5), Mileopotamos River (grade 4)
- Kissavos – Pinios (various difficulty levels from 1-3)
- Zagorochoria – Voidomatis (grade 1-2)
- Drama – River Aggitis (grade of difficulty 3), River Nestos (grade of difficulty 2)
- Kastoria – Nestorio (grade 2)
- Tzoumerka – Kalaritikos, (grade 4) Arachthos (various difficulty levels from 1-4)
- Mountainous Nafpaktia – Evinos (grade 2)
- Mountainous Pella – Moglenitsas, Edessaios
- Xanthi – Nestos (difficulty level 1-3)
When can I do river Kayaking?
River Kayaking usually takes place in Greece between October to May, though in some rivers you can enjoy river kayaking throughout the year.
In order to participate in a descent with kayaks you must attend a kayak school (6 days duration). You must know how to swim and be in good physical condition.
What do I need to carry with me?
What you need to have with you is a pair of shoes that will get wet, a swimming suit, a t-shirt and a towel.
A neoprene suit and pair of socks, windproof jacket, helmet, life jacket and a paddle.